New Immigrant Professionals
Your decision to emigrate was likely accompanied by dreams for you and your family. You're confident your skills and international experience will be highly desired but for some reason you're not receiving any calls from the dozens of resumes you've sent to potential employers. Or, those that have contacted you have told you that you don't have any local experience. What's going on?
You may be feeling overwhelmed about how to:
- Get a job
- Present your skills to local employers
- Negotiate a salary that reflects your experience
- Make contacts in your preferred industry sector
We'll help you to tailor your resume to the local market, identify potential employers and strategies to gain local experience.
To develop an action plan, contact Engaged Careers.
Download the Comprehensive Job Search Package
Engaged Careers Process:
- Email a copy of your current resume to email@example.com.
- Receive an invoice from Engaged Careers with details on how to complete payment via INTERAC Email Money Transfer.
- Complete Job Search Questionnaire and return to Engaged Careers.
- Schedule a one-on-one interview with Engaged Careers via phone or Skype.
- Draft resume / cover letter provided by Engaged Careers (within 5 days) for review and comment.
- Receive final versions in MSWord, PDF and Social Media ready formats.
- Begin job search in earnest and get a new job!